CEEPSA Garden Route Fire Relief Initiative CEEPSA (George office) took to the road on Thursday 15th June, to offer relief to the horses and property owners who were displaced in the recent fires that scoured 100kms of land along the Southern and Eastern Cape Coastal belt. Our first stop was at “Tack & Tuck” in…
One of the responsibilities of CEEPSA, the Professional Body for the industry, is to protect the interests of the public undergoing training. CEEPSA does this by monitoring the quality of training at these establishments according to the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) and the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) standards and mandate.
There are currently a number of CEEPSA recognised Training Providers (Establishments who prepare students for qualifications within the industry) who go through a formal process before attaining recognition. A list of these can be found on http://www.ceepsa.org/training-providers/
The process for recognition can be found on our website www.ceepsa.org
GUIDELINES FOR TRAINING PROVIDERS
Training Providers who are preparing learners to be assessed as competent for Equine or Equestrian qualifications or part qualifications**:
1. Apply to CEEPSA for recognition
2. Pay the annual fee
3. Have an onsite inspection and meet all the criteria set out by the Assessment Quality Partner (EQASA)
4. Supply their learning material to be approved – this remains their own Intellectual Property
5. Sign a Memorandum of Understanding which includes the Code of Ethics
6. Apply to the Quality Council For Trades and Occupations QCTO for registration as a training providerDate of implementation to be confirmed
7. Conduct internal assessments
8. Apply for External Summative Assessments via EQASA
**The (QCTO) will issue these qualifications after a candidate has successfully completed their external assessment.
The Council of Equine and Equestrian Professionals of South Africa (CEEPSA) is the Professional Body for the equine and equestrian industry.
Membership is voluntary and although a non-statutory body at this time, CEEPSA intends to forge relationships with other Professional Bodies in the interest of the industry. We hope to eventually become a statutory body to compliment the other Statutory Bodies.
CEEPSA is a non-profit Company and is here to look after the interests of it's members, all equines and members of the public within the equine and equestrian industry
Read more about here.